So one of the aspects of makeup that I am so in love with is the fact that you get to fall in love with a certain product, whether that is lipstick or eyeshadow or blush or whatever you want, and there are endless options of that product. There are hundreds of brands, thousands upon thousands of colors to chose from, price ranges that vary from less than a dollar to upwards of hundreds of dollars. Makeup is always changing and evolving and the products that I have fallen in love with (if you get any hint from the title of this post) are: lipsticks, highlighters, and contour powders.
Today I’m just going to tell you guys my ALL TIME favorite lipsticks (both liquid and stick form) as well as their brands. These are the kind of products that if I was going to a deserted island, this is what I would bring….that serious.
- Nars Audacious Lipstick Anna
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Hoe Hoe Hoe and Doll Parts
- Nars Lip Gloss Chelsea Girls
- Tory Burch in Son of a Gun
- Mac Lipstick in Pink Pigeon
- Okay so honestly, I originally bought this only because it was named Anna. But honestly, this lipstick color is amazing. The Audacious collection has a variety of shades and they all have women names for the colors. The shade Anna is a smokey rose shade and glides on literally like butter. I only needed to swipe it across my lips once on the bottom and top…and BAM I was done! It is a satin-matte finish and is honestly amazing color. Hands down a favorite of mine….oh and the packaging is super sleek and sexy.
- Okay so I have never been a gloss fan until a salesperson at Bloomingdales told me to try this. I don’t really like lip glosses mainly because they are usually really sticky and many times I get my hair caught in it and it just feels like I have Elmers glue on my lips. Well this is why I love the Nars lip gloss. It is a super lightweight gloss and it honestly feels like I am just putting on chapstick. It says on Sephora’s website that it “is a moisturizing lip gloss that supports anti-aging and imparts long-wearing, sophisticated shine and stunning color for subtle, everyday glamour”..AKA its like heaven in a tube. The shade Chelsea Girls is a pinky-beige with flecks of micro-gold glitter. Once again, heaven in a tube. If you are wanting something like Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm but want a little subtle, this is your perfect gloss. Hands down
- So I have loved everything Jeffree Star since his day’s on MySpace. I think the fact that he lives un-apologetically himself is amazing. His brand is also bomb AF. His liquid lipsticks are in a league of their own. They glide on your lips like drinking water, and they stay on. Forever. (Execpt if you makeout with someone or eat anything greasy) They are also 100% Vegan, cruelty free…which means that if you want to rock one of these shades as an eyeliner..do it! What I love about Doll Parts is that it is the perfect soft cool toned pink. On the Jeffree Star website says that this shade “looks like Lindsay Lohan’s life in the movie Mean Girls”. Hoe Hoe Hoe is the perfect red Christmas lipstick color. It also has blue-gold flecks of micro-glitter in it which looks really great in photos. Both of these shades, Doll Parts and Hoe Hoe Hoe were apart of his holiday collection and were in limited edition BUT DOLL PARTS WAS SUCH A HIT THEY ARE MAKING IT PERMANENT!! So follow Jeffree on Instagram because his shades sell out within minutes.
- This is the shade that I am wearing in the photo on this post! Honestly, Mac makes incredible lip products. Their lip pencils are amazing as both lip liners and lip sticks when you fill in your lips. Their cream sheen lipsticks are great, they feel like a chapstick. The main reason why I put this brand and color in my deserted island list is because Mac is the ONLY brand I know of that makes amazing quality bright colors with great color payoff. It is difficult to make a bright or deep color lipstick shade that offers great color pay off, and boy does Mac do it right. I was able to coat my lips twice, once on top and once on the bottom, and I was set. I also like that it did not dry out my lips at all….Mac describes Pink Pigeon as a bright cleanest pink (huh?) and honestly when I wore this yesterday, I was turning heads and I felt SO sassy and SO ready for Spring…..And I mean what woman doesn’t own a neon pink lipstick?
- I have a thing for everything Tory Burch and buy most of her brand at my favorite consignment shop in Atlanta…but you cannot buy lipstick at consignment stores. That isn’t exactly hygenic lol. To be honest, this is a great color if you just want a wash of color on your lips. It is a warm nude brown and has a hint of golden shimmer and I love that it is very sheer. It is really hydrating and feels amazing on the lips. But to be honest, as much as I love this product, you can find just as of a sheer nude lipstick at the drug store or from Mac. I would not waste your money on this if you were in the market for a sheer lipstick. I love this product, and it literally feels like butter when I put it on, but I feel like there are other options you can choose from when lipstick shopping!