So I have no plans for this Halloween weekend, mainly because I have to work the following morning and hangovers at work are NOT cute!
I wanted to watch the video for Adele’s newest song, which not only gave me the feels, but reminded me of how truly beautiful her voice is…and also the sheer emotion and vulenerablitlity she puts into her music….it’s incredible.
She looked absolutely stunning in the video, and I think it is because A. She is Adele, and B. Her makeup artist knew that soft glam would be perfect for the video. I usually never really do soft glam when I am doing my makeup…so lets give it a go!
Can we just admire for a second how beautiful Adele is? Like HELLO?! This was my reference photo that I used to make sure I got the look right!
I will list a product description of what I used, how I used them and why, and where to find them down below!
Products I Used:
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Light Beige
- This is a great foundation for really anything. It is super light weight, lasts all day with minimal creasing, and is really easy to set and add more products on top.
- Brush: Damp Beauty Blender
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light2 Vanilla
- In the photo/video, it did not really look like Adele did intense highlighting but I have not been sleeping too well so my eyes were in DESPERATE need of some concealing…I was not feeling the dark circles
- Brush: Damp Beauty Blender
- Kiko Compact Mineral Powder in 104
- I used this powder to set my entire face prior to putting on my contour color
- Brush: Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush
- Marc Jacobs #instamarc Mirage Filter Contour Color in number 40
- This is honestly my ultimate go-to contour color. I love it because it is extremely blendable and you can build up the color for an intense contour….or just dust on lightly for a more natural look which is what I was going for!
- Brush: bh Cosmetics Powder Brush
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Global Glow
- I love a bronze-y glow, and even though Adele did not have any shimmer in the photo I just wanted to add a little bit. I dusted this over the contour and also on the apples of my cheeks because I did not see any blush color on her cheeks.
- Brush: Sephora Angled Natural Blush 131
- Kat Von D Eye Shade + Light Palette in Latinus
- I saw that she had a very defined smoked out crease and that was really it. I used this as my base crease color and blended it in and up
- Brush: Morphe E30
- Dior DiorShow Waterproof Liner in Marine/Navy-178
- Even though Adele obviously used black liquid liner…liquid liner scares me lol. I usually never wear eyeliner mainly because I don’t like the way it looks on my eyes but I thought why not try navy (I stole this from my nana lolz) I liked the way it turned out!
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette in Triple Fudge
- I used this color on the lower lash line because, once again, eye liner scares me and I personally think that eyeshadow on the lower lash line looks a thousand times better. In this photo it is hard to tell, but in other parts of the video I saw her have a little bit of a smoked out lower lash line so I chose a nice chocolatey brown!
- Brush: Real Techniques Brow Brush
- Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill Tinted Brow Gel in Medium/Dark
- I got this little beauty in my October ipsy! bag and it has easily become one of my staples in my makeup routine. I like just having a little bit of color in my brows and also it keeps my brows in place. Adele has BEAUTIFUL brows in this photo so I was like “Hey, why not?!”
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara in Black
- Benefit Roller Lash in Black
- Once again, Adele being the #flawless human that she is, did not use false lashes so I just stuck with a semi-natural mascara routine. I didn’t go clumpy like I usually do!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi
- I LOVE that she kept her lips and pretty much ENTIRE makeup look so simple. I just wanted to mute the pinkish tint in my lips so I went with a lip cream rather than a liquid lip. I thought this was a much more natural look and still allows your lips to look hydrated. Sometimes with a liquid lip, you can have a crackling effect if you’re lips are a little on the dry side!
I hope you guys enjoyed this makeup look! I definitely plan on doing more re-creation looks!